Downloads and support Bedrock SM50
Firmware updates (CAUTION - SM50 versions only, do not install on other models)
UPDATE PROCEDURE: connect the device via USB and copy the package to the updates folder. Now restart the device to run the update.
NOTE: The update packages are all complete updates, including all system files. The update procedure may take up to 60 minutes to complete!
NOTE: Whenever you are updating the firmware of any Bedrock device, always take the following steps:
- Make sure that you have the correct firmware update for your device (check type and version numbers)
- Make sure that the power supply to your device cannot be interrupted
- BETA versions installed at your own risk.
Failure to take these precautions may results in your device becoming inoperable.
Never install update packages intended for different instrument models. When in doubt, check your type label on the back of the device.
IF you experience "Error 17" upon install:
This error occurs if the update package gets corrupted during the copy from your computer to the SMxx. If you get this error, try again after taking the following steps:
- Copy the update package again. Eject safely and wait for 5 seconds before disconnecting the USB cable.
- If error 17 persists, and you are using a Windows computer, please try the following:
- Connect the SMxx to your Windows PC
- In the Windows explorer, find the drive letter for the SMxx, and right click the volume. Choose “properties."
- Go to the hardware tab. Click on the “properties” button.
- Click “change settings.”
- Go to the “policies” tab.
- Select “Better performance” instead of “Quick removal.
- After copying the .eap file, eject the SMxx safely, then wait 5 seconds before disconnecting the USB cable.